Meet the family

This is the official blog for TAGCstudios, which can be found at youtube.com/user/theagcollector101

Monday, April 7, 2014

Kaya's story review (Books 1-3)

So, I have read Kaya's first,second,and third books, so I thought I would do a review on them all.

Meet Kaya-
This book is wonderful. It tells the story of how Kaya gets her bad nickname, as well as giving more facts and information on Nimmipu culture. If you have a young child who is going to be reading these books, I recommend you have an adult read with them, as younger children might have lots of questions about Nez perce culture. One thing I love about Kaya's books is that I always wanted to read the next one. I can't wait to pick up books 4,5,and 6.

Kaya's escape-
In this book, Kaya's  village is raided. Kaya and her friend speaking rain are taken captive to another village. I did not enjoy this book as much as the first one. For 1, Kaya loses 2 things that are very important to her. ( Don't want to spoil anything) The book really just did not follow in the great footsteps that Meet Kaya did.

Kaya's hero-
I enjoyed this book, but at the same time I did not like it. This book tells the story of how Swan circling become's Kaya's friend. Only thing is... There is a death in this book. I would tell you, but I don't want to spoil it unless you haven't read the books.

Overall, Kaya's books are great! As soon as I finish one, I immediately want to read another! One thing I would change is all the tragedy that happens in Kaya's story. Definitely have a parent nearby to answer any questions little kids may have. If your child is going to be really young, I would recommend waiting till they're at least 7 or 8 before they read her books. I definitely want to get books 4,5, and 6 so I can finish reading the series. Out of 5 stars, I would give it 4 stars. It is not the best series ever, but is still a good really good read.

*Disclaimer*
I am not affiliated with american girl, and these are just my opinonss*

No comments:

Post a Comment