Meet the family

This is the official blog for TAGCstudios, which can be found at youtube.com/user/theagcollector101

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Amerian Girl Truly me: Fall release thoughts

I feel as though the Truly me releases got WAY overshadowed by the Maryellen releases, however there was some good stuff, so let's get started. 

"Movie popcorn machine" $48
This is totally worth the money!! It looks so cute/realistic! My only concern is that I know most of the popcorn will be glued together to prevent choking hazards and such. The candy is a nice touch too. 

"Comfy couch" $68
The name is straight to the point, I like it. The little green tray is a nice touch too, I just wish it was like $40 or something like that. It does however look amazing. 

"Music & Movies Entertainment set" $85
Well, this set surely gets more value than Maryellen's TV set. I like the fabric boxes and such, I just hope not everything is paper. 

"Cool coral outfit for dolls" $28
Isabelle has definitely left her mark. This outfit looks both tacky and okay. Nothing really matches thou, but I'm sure this would be fantastic for mix & match outfits. However the outfit itself still looks like something my mom would tell me to go back and change. 

"2-in-1 Gymnastics practice outfit for dolls" $30
Seriously, another gymnastics outfit? My goodness. I do like the top on the left and the shoes are an added bonus. I have however made my own leotard, so I probably won'd be getting this.

"Rhythmic Gymnastics outfit for dolls" $34
May I applaud whoever designed this set, because for once everything matches. I also love the leotard, it's much more complex than some of the other leo's I've seen from AG. I may consider getting this set. 

Now, we get into the holiday/winter category. Even though it's not going to be Halloween for another month.

"Sparkle spotlight outfit for dolls" $34
This outfit is ok, but I really think the shorts are weird and should be a skirt. I also don't like the weird glitter peter pan collar, but I do like the color scheme. #61 looks gorgeous even in the darkest outfits.

"Joyful jewels outfit for dolls" $36
I hate this outfit, but it still looks pretty.  For one, it's just like the other outfits and should not cost $36. And it looks EXACTLY like the outfit for 2013. Literally, like now I've even had enough of the red dresses. I'll be getting other holiday dresses, thank you very much.

"Gorgeous gold outfit for dolls" $36
Once again, this outfit looks very similar to the 2013 holiday outfit. I think the gold should be like 2 shades darker. I mean, it's cute it's just too similar to the 2013 holiday outfit. 

" Holiday accessories for dolls" $32
This accessory set is quite better than past years. I love how there's a clothing piece included (always a nice touch there) and the gift bag is cute. I will probably get this when it goes on sale. 

"Cozy Christmas scene" $12
It's nice to see AG putting out some more scene boards, but this one looks a bit too cartoonish for my liking. I probably won't get this, really just because I don't need it.

"Playful polar bear pajamas for dolls" $24
This outfit is, once again a recreate of the older 2014 polar bear pj's. I like that this one is red, however since I have the blue outfit I think I'll be fine without this newer set. Yet from a design standpoint, I love the flowing edges of the shirt. 

"Warm winter outfit for dolls" $30
This outfit started out ok, and ended up a train wreck. That sweater, what were they thinking? You do not out that bright of an orange next to pink AND purple. The leggings are really the only good thing about this outfit, but I'm not paying $30 for pants.

"Warm winter accessories" $24
Unlike the outfit that these match, the accessories are really cute! I love the finger-less gloves and the vest. I am really looking forward to getting this set someday.

AG also released some cool printed bags and stuff, but I'll only give my thoughts on the doll-related items. 

"Starry garment bag for dolls" $18
I really don't understand this, but I guess it's a modern garment bag. However if you look on the inside, there doesn't look to be a place for a dress or whatnot. The only reason I would buy something like this is if I had to bring a super fancy dress (like more than $50) dress with me on a trip. 

"Accessories case" $48
This apparently fits the garment bag and carries doll accessories. I personally think that there are better and more cheaper ways to transport doll accessories. Save your money, kids. 

Overall it was an ok TM release. Not too bad, but certainly not my favorite.








No comments:

Post a Comment