Meet the family

This is the official blog for TAGCstudios, which can be found at youtube.com/user/theagcollector101

Monday, February 15, 2021

Webkinz Clydesdale Modifications

 So, after Christmas I went to a thrift store to spend my Christmas money and I found a Webkinz Clydesdale. I bought it, because it was a Webkinz, brought it home. I eventually washed it, let it dry, and it sat on my bed for a while. So one night I'm looking at it, thinking "This thing looks horrendous. The tail, mane and hoof fur looks so ugly, they feel disgusting!" and then, I got the bright idea to do something about it! So, I bought some new faux fur trim for the hooves and new faux fur for the tail and mane. 

New Tail, Mane and Hoof fur. I have no before photos, but the fur was in pretty rough shape.


Faux fur is polyester, as are all of the fabrics that Webkinz are made of. Polyester is an umbrella term, but it's usually similar fiber contents that are woven together in different ways, with different piles (thicknesses) and other distinguishing features that create a wide variety of textures used for plush toys. The particular tail, mane and hoof fabric Ganz uses really disintegrates over time. I don't think it's a washing or a drying thing, I think it really is just a time thing. This fabric also does not take kindly to any sort of beating up. I know this because the Webkinz Yorkie was my second Webkinz. It's made completely of the same fabric that the tail, mane and hooves of the clydesdale are made from, and currently it looks disgusting. It's not washing or drying, but something about this fabric makes it really fragile and just not able to stand up to child's play. It's also unrepairable, there was no way to fix the fabric because all the polyester fibers had melded together too much. 

Added eyebrows and adjusted ear placement= A much cuter face!!!


In addition to the fabric, the Clydesdale also isn't the cutest horse. Sure it looks fine in stock images, but in actuality it isn't the best designed Webkinz. Its eyes are so small, they blend into its body, and the ears always end up falling way back. So, I decided to change that. In addition to replacing all the faux fur I also added Eyebrows with embroidery thread and I used some sewing thread to pull the ears up into a better position. This made the Clydesdale look a million times cuter. Not every Webkinz needs eyebrows, but many of them do! 

I really hope I can do more plush modification like this in the future, I LOVE it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment