Meet the family

This is the official blog for TAGCstudios, which can be found at youtube.com/user/theagcollector101

Sunday, October 12, 2014

My thoughts: American girl 2014 Holiday release




So, the holiday stuff came out and I haven't done my thoughts vid. yet. But I'm sick so I'm just typing it.
*all photo credit goes to American Girl*

First, let's get the carraige out of the way.
"Pretty city carriage" $275
Honestly, and I know most of you will retaliate, but it's a meh item. First of all the price. $275 and it doesn't even come with a horse!?!?!?!? Seriously, I know lots of people will want this but not be able to afford it. I also think it's a bit... well... useless. What does it do? Unless you're a little girl who loves to play with her dolls. I mean, I play with my dolls but I don't think this really has a purpose. I wonder how high AG will price their items before they loose a BIG chunk of their customers.  So no, I don't really want it neither would I ever be able to afford it in a million years.

Next, the overpriced horse!
"Prancing horse" $98
The horse costs almost as much as a doll!!! Like seriously. It's kind of cute I guess, but the little piece of hair poking out on top of her head. It doesn't even come with a saddle. (well, then again it is meant to pull a carraige, but still.) I like the poseable neck/leg action, I hope they put that in all of their horses. I also wonder if the fur around it's legs is removable. Overall, no. I've never really been into AG horses and the only horses I want are Kaya's steps high and sparks flying.

"Saddle and awards set" $38
I don't really know about this one. I guess it's kind of good seeing as some people might have lost their horses saddle. BUt $38?!?!? NO WAY. I don't even want this and I know it's overpriced. I would say it's more of a $28 set but definitly not $38. It doesn't even come with that much. So NO I don't want or need it. Plus, I would rather get the talent show set instead which remember comes with SO MUCH MORE. Now, if you really like AG horses, then this might be a good set for you, but not me.

Continuing with the horse theme (we'll just do all the horse stuff first), the new riding outfit

"Pretty pink riding outfit" $42
Ok, and I thought that saddle set was overpriced. $42?!?!? Unless you are just dying to have it, don't even get it. Now, the actual outfit is just well... weird. I am glad they released a riding outfit, but I don't think horse riders wear giant bows around their necks. I also don't like the stitching on the pants, that just looks weird. Now take off the bow and make it like $28 or $30 and maybe I'll consider. 

The hats

"Riding helmet and hat" $24
Unlike the other item's we've seen so far, this is actually reasonably priced. I find it annoying though, the hats go with 2 different outfits. If you want one you have to have the other and what are you going to do with the one you don't use? But still, I like it. I might get it eventually though.

The cutest outfit ever

"Western Plaid outfit" $30
Unlike the other items so far, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit! I want it so badly, but $30 is a little much. (Maybe next year in the summer) I still want it though because it reminds me of an outfit Felicity wore in Basilmento's Glamorous AGMV. It's so cute too!!! Not much else to say about this, except I hate how outfits are now $30. I realize that $28-30 is a $2 price increase, but that's a lot when it comes to things such as Shipping.

"Sparkly black flats" $14
I just LOOOVE these shoes! They're very simple, making them great to go with anything! (Especially the most recent PWP outfit) I want the SO badly, even more than the outfit I talked about above. Plus, I've never bought a single pair of shoes, ever.

Now, we finally get to the dresses

"Silver shimmer dress" $36
I love this dress, it's so cute! I hope to soon get it for Lindsey, since she doesn't have a holiday dress yet. I just wish it was cheaper. $36 is a lot for a dress.

"Happy Holiday dress" $36
I LOOOVE this dress! I want it so badly for Anna Clare! I still don't like the price, it should be $30, or even better $28. Either way I don't care, I still really want it.

Because it's not AG till you spend $64 on an outfit!

"Holiday accessories" $32
I'm on the fence about this. I don't particularaly like it, the vest is just too weird. I don't really want it... except for the braclet. I just want the braclet and ornament, but $32 for those would be unreasonable. Maybe next year they'll go on sale. I remember the 2012 holiday accessories went on sale down to $9!!! (Man, I wish I had gotten those) I'll get this if it goes down to $9.

"Winter white outfit" $38
This is by far the most ridiculous outfit ever. The shorts are made out of sweater material and it looks like she didn't do laundry for a few days and tried to find something to wear. Plus it's nearly $40 which is completely outrageous.  I really don't like this outfit, I'll have to wait till the next version of this outfit comes out.


Let it go, let it go!
"Sparkly skating set" $44
I like this and I don't like it. I hate that it's $44!!! That's ridiculous. I also don't like the sequins across the top, they just don't look good. It is a good outfit for Frozen fans though, and I can feel that little girls will be loving this outfit. It's not on my wishlist though, I like the older outfit better.

"Hit the slopes outfit" $34
Judging by the price of the ice skating outfit, this is CHEAP! I like the print, but I feel like the AG print should have been the lining, and the dots on the outside. I still like the older outfit better, since that was like a snowsuit. This is cute too, though I can feel the madness. People are going to be so mad to find out this outfit doesn't come with shoes... I probably won't get it but it's okay.

and of course with the skis to complete the outfit it costs $76
"Skis and helmet set" $42
Now I think $42 is an okay price for this set. $38 would have been better but still. It seems like AG made little effort to make this set different from the original. I probably won't be getting it, because I don't ski and I don't really want it. Though if you do ski then it's a nice set to have.



"Fair isle pajamas" $24
One of the rare $24 outfits, this is okay. I like last year's pj's MUCH better. The boots don't look to good and the top Is made out of a fabric I don't really like. I won't be getting these this year. The leggings/pants are nice though, and I like those. Also, in the catalog for this month they have #23 wearing this with her hair in braids and the raspberry glasses, it's so cute!!!!

Overall thoughts:
I like this release, but I feel like last year's release was a bit better. Last year I liked almost everything this year, I only like a few outfits. Plus last year we didn't have to shovel out $500 if you wanted everything from the holiday release. Oh well, better for my wallet!!! :)













No comments:

Post a Comment