Meet the family

This is the official blog for TAGCstudios, which can be found at youtube.com/user/theagcollector101

Friday, February 19, 2016

Regretable American Girl purchases

We all purchase useless stuff in our lifetime. But when it's American Girl, I don't know whether to blame myself or their marketing. Either way, here are a few items that maybe I don't "regret" buying, but certainly aren't my favorite. I'm excluding items I bought on sale because I didn't spend as much money on those items, and that was most of my rationale for purchasing them.



Samantha's lacy parasol
Original price: $22
Why did I buy it?
This was a small AGP Kansas City purchase made in 2014. We were near the store and I hadn't had much time to save money, so I decided to make the most of it. I knew I needed this item for Marie Grace and Cecil's collection, and it looked cute enough. In reality, I don't use it. I guess it's nice as a photo prop but aside from that, it just sits on this desk watching the days pass by. Maybe if my dolls had stronger arms it would be used more often.


Feel Better Kit (that review is so old... *cringe*)
Original price: $30
Why did I buy it?
I bought this set early in my American Girl collecting journey. One of my dolls had been dropped, or at least I think, and I wanted her to have a broken leg, and apparently fake toilet-tissue casts just weren't enough for me. In reality, I haven't touched a piece of this set in at least a year. Maybe it will be useful in the future, but for now it remains stored away.


Molly's Play Scenes & Paper Dolls
Original price:$12
Why did I buy it?
I had wanted this book for months, it was the only Molly book available from American Girl I didn't have. One day, I finally ordered it. I actually don't use this a lot. I don't know if I just don't like it or if I don't have anywhere to take it. I guess I'm just so busy it often gets passed over. However,One day, this book will have a prime spot on a bookshelf, gleaming in the light.


Addy's Quilt
Original price: $20
Why did I buy it?
This was part of my first big AGP Kansas city purchases. I had $20 left and was looking for something that cost exactly that, and this quilt was it. I regretted it the moment I left the store, when I realized I could have bought Julie's roller skates instead. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful quilt, I just didn't really need it at that moment. I do, however, one day plan to purchase a pre-beforever Addy.

A few pieces of the set, I couldn't scrummage up the rest.

Healthy Smile Set
Original price: $14
Why did I buy it?
I had wanted this set for quite a while. I read the reviews that said the braces stickers were useless, but i decided to buy it anyway. In reality, I don't use this set. ever. I think this set is more of a play item rather than a collectible, and as I grow I guess my collection grows with me.


American Girl Place exclusive tote
Original price: $6-12
Why did i buy it?
I bought this at AGP Kansas City before AG marketed it specifically as a mini doll tote, because I thought I would use it quite a bit. I don't use it at all, and I should be selling it soon. I just don't need a lot of doll bags. Like the healthy smile set, I'm sure this would be better for girls who "play" more with their dolls than collect for them.

Do you have any purchases you made for a collection that you regret?

No comments:

Post a Comment