Meet the family

This is the official blog for TAGCstudios, which can be found at youtube.com/user/theagcollector101

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Making a felt dress and a lace "shirt vest"

I recently went to Hancocks, a fabric store which will soon be going out of business. Here's what I bought:
YouTube video

and here's what I've made.

"Lace Cardigan" 


This is the first time I have actually made something for myself, and I love it! I found a tutorial for this piece here:here

"Lace Cardigan" 2


I've made these things for dolls before. They're cute, but they always feel so disposable, like all you did was cut a piece of fabric... because that's literally all you do. Still, it looks great with thin tank tops among other items

Lace inset shorts


I've seen these in different variations all over YouTube and the internet. I did have one difficulty however, and the was that most people used lace trim instead of lace fabric, so I had to use the selvage as the hem. They turned out fine!

"Lace inset tank top"


After looking on the internet I saw all different types of lace inset tops. I decided this one was the best because I wanted to keep the sequins in the front and I didn't have a lot of room in the back. This turned out ok, I just wish the lace were straighter

Felt dress one on custom Haunt the Casbah Draculara.
Felt dress 2 on Dead Tired Abbey

These dresses are based on a tutorial from long,long ago by myfroggystuff but unlike the no-sew shirt vest, these don't feel disposable at all. My favorite dress of these two... I can't decide. I love them both.

Sorry she has no clothes on, i just don't have a good outfit for her yet.

To match my shirt vest, I made one for my dolls! I kind of guessed on this so that to me makes it feel extremely disposable. (plus I have like zero orange doll clothing) But for now I will keep it around and see what I can do with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment