Meet the family

This is the official blog for TAGCstudios, which can be found at youtube.com/user/theagcollector101

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Are American Girl's "Modern Outfits" Modern?

Once again here we are questioning the decisions of major companies. Today I'm basing this question off of a post on the blog AG outsider- Are the MAG outfits actually modern? (Beware some of AG outsider's other posts have a minor amount of cursing in them)

In this review I'm spotlighting AG outsider mentions that "fashion trends cycle" and "the 80s are back in fashion". The review is on AG's "School Stripes Outfit" that was introduced last year and retails for $28. Some of the characteristics that make this outfit like the 80's include the layering of the dress, the heather gray background color of the dress , the drop waist and the style of the shoes. I do recommend you read the review (skipping over the several curse words... but the review is still good), as I don't want to post the pictures here for fear of plagiarism.My personal take on this that it's sort of exciting. I have had no experience with anything but 2000's society, so popular TV shows, clothing trends, slang etc. are just not me. But now with trends cycling I get to see a new take on older looks! This topic also sort of correlates with many people saying that the Beforever fashions are inaccurate. I may or may not do a post on that, you'll have to let me know if you would like to see that in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment