Meet the family

This is the official blog for TAGCstudios, which can be found at youtube.com/user/theagcollector101

Friday, May 8, 2015

Book Review: American Girl Nellie's Promise

Nellie's promise is one of the few Samantha books I have, and is really my favorite in the series. I love the book because it focuses on Nellie's struggles with her uncle. Before I give a short summary and some of my thoughts, here's a picture of the book cover, which is from Mattel as the book was never produced by pleasant company.

Nellie's Promise book cover
Image credit: American Girl Publishing
During this book Nellie starts off living her new wonderfully happy life with Samantha's family. (Samantha, Nellie, Bridget,Jenny, Uncle Gard and Aunt Cornilia) But one day as Nellie is walking home she is visited by her mean old Uncle Mike, who threatens her and says he'll be back soon to take Nellie and her sisters away. Nellie is terrified but decides not to tell the rest of Samantha's family because  she doesn't want them to be worried. I won't spoil the rest of the book, but it does turn out okay.  I love this book because of how real it is. Of course it doesn't use cursing (this is children's literature of course) but it does show little girls that people can be mean. The book also illustrates principles of friendship and family, which is nice for little girls to read. 

Overall, I would give this book 5/5 stars, for the story is amazing! I would recommend this book to any little girls who would like to read it.

1 comment: