Meet the family

This is the official blog for TAGCstudios, which can be found at youtube.com/user/theagcollector101

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Rants- Names and other stuff

First rant- Marie Grace v.s. Mary Grace
I hear it all the time "and here is Mary grace" this is very annoying, because her name is pronounced Marie grace. (ma-re) It just annoys me when people say she's Mary grace. Cecile is another name, just the other day I heard a good agtuber ( I won't name names) say her name as say-seal. (trying to give you an idea of the way they pronounced it.) None of these mispronunciations though are worse that Josefina.
Okay, first of all her name is spelled j-o-s-e-f-i-n-a not josephina. Next, the J is pronounced as an H, a Mexican tradition. So her name is ho-se-fina not jo-se-fina. It frustrates me. Some people also mispronounce Kaya's name as ka-ya when it is ki-ya. Also, did you know that kit's real name is Margret Mildred? I am shocked because it seems that so many people don't know that. I think that's all of the name pronunciation mistakes I've heard.

Here are the proper names, pronunciations and spellings
Marie Grace- ma-re Grace
Cecile- se-cile (c and S sound the same, so say the c as an s)
Josefina- ho-se-fina
Kaya- ki-ya

Did you learn anything?

*this rant was not meat to be offensive to anyone or anything. All of the statements are my opinions.*


No comments:

Post a Comment