Meet the family

This is the official blog for TAGCstudios, which can be found at youtube.com/user/theagcollector101

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My current sewing project!

So, I was going to post about my Lindsey collection today, but since I am actually working on a big sewing project right now, I  decided to blog about that instead, I will save the Lindsey post for tommorow.

Today I started a big sewing project, here is what I am trying to make:

This is a doll tote. In case you're wondering, the pattern is from McCall's crafts, and is M5019














So, today I thought " I am going to do this!"
Firstly, I cut out my fabric, then fused the interfacing. That's when I ran into a little problem... we don't have enough interfacing for all the pieces, so I need to go and get more. I also have to get paper backed webbing so I can do the appliques, which could be dificult. Once I get some more stuff, I should be good to go!

Here is my progress...

You see, pattern pieces 4,5,6,and 7 need interfacing. I only have enough interfacing right now for pieces 5 and 6. (Note that pieces 4 and 5 are cut on folds, making 2 fabric pieces)













Here is what my pieces with interfacing look like at the moment:

The pieces of fabric with interfacing (pattern pieces 5 & 6)














This is a pile of the other pattern pieces (3,4,&7) as well as the heart appliques.














Now, I have to also pick out a contrasting color (a fabric to use for the decorations)

Here is my contrasting color: (The one my finger is on, it is way darker in real life)














It's not a proper contrasting color, but it will do. That's pretty much my progress! I hope to finish this tote soon, It looks so cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment